Sunday 2 December 2012

Snap on Sunday

Firstly a quick apology from me. Last few weeks have been completely manic with all sorts going on, including my first set of exams at University, something I certainly didn't want to slip up on, considering they're the first of many hurdles. Start as you mean to go on as they say! This has concluded in comparatively little time for the hobby unfortunately, but no matter, I shall attempt to press on! 

Nothing of particular interest unfortunately for this week's SoS, with low winter sun proving a particular challenge for good photography at the moment, but I was relitively pleased with a couple of photos I managed to snap on an afternoon free this week. 

Firstly is this one of First's Volvo B7TL W708 CWR, on the 398 coming up to Storthes Hall. It's lovely how the scene up this road has changed so quickly, and dramatically, causing some lovely change in colour over the past few weeks. It's also quite convenient that this batch of buses are so slow, meaning you have a decent amount of time to compose the shot and fiddle with settings before clicking the shutter! 

The other photo I was quite pleased with, more by fluke, was this one of Huddersfield Bus Company's Optare Tempo, YJ05 XOO. I don't usually like photos this 'front on' so to speak, but this one accidently came out quite well! 


The bus I'd actually gone out with the aim of photographing that afternoon, was HBC's unique Bluebird LMB NK53 TJV. I've been waiting to see this bus out since I moved here, and admittedly  I'd completely forgotten about it, so I was shocked to see it pass by me on Thursday afternoon, so I thought a photo must be had! After some research it does appear that she has been off the road for quite a while, thanks to ongoing issues, but it's nice they've persevered with it! Hopefully I'll get the chance to sample it soon! Apologies for the quality of photo on this one, really wasn't in the right place to get a good shot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment